Deadline: 23 August 2020
Open to: Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals
Benefits: fully funded
The Africa Region of the World Bank Group (WBG) announces the opening of the application for the 2021 WBG-Africa Fellowship Program for Ph.D. candidates and recent Ph.D. graduates who are Sub-Saharan Africa nationals.
The World Bank Group (WBG) Africa Fellowship Program targets young, talented African nationals who are completing, or have recently completed their Ph.D. in an area relevant to the World Bank’s work. The fellowship program has been very successful since its inception, building a strong pipeline of young African talent interested in a career in development, international institutions, African governments, think tanks, and academia. The program offers chosen fellows a six-month assignment at World Bank Group (WBG) offices in Washington D.C. or in country offices to gain hands-on experience in the operations of the WBG. This includes knowledge generation and dissemination, design of global and country policies, and the building of institutions to achieve inclusive growth in developing countries.
- Be a Sub-Saharan national who are recent Ph.D. graduates, or current doctoral students within a year of completing or graduating from a Ph.D.
- All relevant fields of development, including, but not limited to economics, education, health, governance, energy, agriculture, infrastructure and demography are eligible.
- Be a recent Ph.D. graduate (within three years of completion) or be enrolled in the last year of the Ph.D. program.
- Have an excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Possess strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Be under the age of 32 by the closing of the application period.
- Fellows will receive consultant fees, round- trip economy class air travel to Washington, D.C. or a WBG country office from their university, and worker’s compensation insurance.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.