Deadline: 28 September 2020
Open to: any company, organisation or individual in any country
Benefits: shortlisted and winning films are screened at a formal Awards ceremony and promoted online across the Awards communications channels
The tve Global Sustainability Film Awards (GSFA), now in their ninth year, recognises outstanding films from the business, non-profit, media and creative sectors that inspire audiences with real-world solutions for a more sustainable future. Film is a powerful tool for raising public awareness, shifting public opinion and inspiring action. The GSFA seeks to promote effective, credible solutions-oriented storytelling about environmental and sustainability issues.
The Awards are unique because film submissions are judged both on the quality of their storytelling and the credibility of the sustainability solutions they depict. The different categories recognise different types of storytelling formats which speak to different audiences, from explanatory films by businesses to news stories and campaigning films. The winning films are selected by a tve-appointed independent shortlisting panel and judging panel, composed of both sustainability specialists and film/communications experts.
- The tve Global Film Sustainability Awards is a competition that is open to any company, organisation or individual in any country.
- To be eligible for the tve Global Film Sustainability Award 2020 (GSFA 2020), all entered films must be original and creative productions by or about the participating organization.
- It is the responsibility of all filmmakers submitting titles for inclusion in the tve Global Sustainability Awards to ensure that they have received clearance from the rights holders of all archive film, stills and music used in the film. tve will not be responsible for any rights not cleared in the films that are screened as part of the tve Global Sustainability Awards.
- To be eligible for GSFA 2020 all entered films must be made between the period July 1, 2018 and July 5, 2020.
- All films must be entered for one of the nine competitive categories along with the entry fee which are specified in the Categories and Entry Fee section. Entries are eligible for the GSFA 2020 only if entered through the Film Freeway website along with submission of the online Entry Form and payment of the specified Entry Fee.
- Films entered for all categories should not be of more than 15 minutes duration except for the entries for the Documentary Impact Award category, which is open to feature or broadcast documentaries of at least 30 minutes.
- Entries can only be submitted in English. Films originally made in other languages must be subtitled or dubbed into English. Dialogue lists are not acceptable.
- Films that have had private, unpublicized screenings are also eligible for submission.
- A film that has been entered for the GSFA in a previous year cannot be resubmitted this year.
The shortlisted and winning films are screened at a formal Awards ceremony in October, in a central London theatre venue, and promoted online across the Awards communications channels and by our partners.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information, please visit the official web page.