Deadline: 15 November 2020
Open to: holders of Master’s Degree in a field related to sexual and/or reproductive rights
Benefits: fully funded
The Centre for Human Rights, Faculty of Law, University of Pretoria, calls for applications for full-time doctoral scholarships in the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights in the African region.
The doctoral scholarship is aimed at strengthening the Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Programme of the Centre in ways that develop a distinct focus on interrogating culture and/or criminalisation as part of broader discourses on sexual and/ or reproductive rights in the African region.
Successful candidates will be expected to reside in Pretoria (South Africa) for the three-year period of the scholarship, and to contribute to the work of the Centre (for about 25 hours per week). The period of residence would ideally start early in 2021.
- A Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on, or closely related to, the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights
- Excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Excellent proficiency in academic research
- Demonstrable interest and expertise in sexual and reproductive rights
- Some familiarity with the African human rights system
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
The scholarships are comprehensive, covering tuition fees, travel, living expenses and ancillary costs.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.