Deadline: November 30, 2020
Open to: young people 18-30 y/o from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and North Macedonia
Beneftis: participation in three meetings (two online meetings and the final event in Sarajevo)
Through the Višegrad Fund-supported project “The New Democratic Wo/Men of the Western Balkans – Increasing Youth Participation in Democracy”, Humanity in Action Bosnia and Herzegovina, together with partnering organizations from Poland, Montenegro, Slovakia, North Macedonia, Hungary, and the Czech Republic, will aim to increase the awareness of democratic processes among the youth of the Western Balkans and enhance youth participation in policy-making processes.
Throughout the project, young people will:
- get involved in various real political issues that challenge the nation,
- solve problems faced by nations (modeled on a variety of actual problems),
- learn about the importance of leadership, organization, and getting involved in local and national activism, and
- adapt their knowledge and skills to be able to become an active citizen promoting democracy.
- The call is open for young people 18-30 y/o from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro and North Macedonia.
- You can apply alone or in a team of friends, classmates or colleagues, family members etc. going up to 6 persons.
A total of 108 active and aspiring young leaders (18-30 y/o) from Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, and North Macedonia, who are high school/university students or junior/entry-level employees working in the civil, state, and business sectors, will participate in three meetings (two online meetings and the final event in Sarajevo), which will consist of seven modules (2-3 per meeting):
- introduction to democracy (political process and administration),
- linking legislation of practice (impact of legislation on the social system, business environment, etc.),
- local politics (vertical division of power and competencies),
- active civil sector (human rights and watchdogs of democracy),
- communication and campaigns (ethics and integrity, public speaking, and political marketing),
- project management (management, fundraising, and stakeholders mapping),
- critical thinking (argumentation and fake news).
HOW TO APPLY?
You can submit your application here. For more details, please visit the official website.