Deadline: 11 January 2021
Open to: Recognised Researchers (stage 2 in the EURAXESS definition), PhD holders or equivalent
Benefits: very attractive conditions to young researchers for research excellence and career development
EUTOPIA Science and Innovation Fellowships offer the opportunity to high-profile young researchers to develop their own research project in the stimulating academic environment of the EUTOPIA Alliance. Extensive research mobility is integral to the fellowships with two compulsory secondment periods: one at another EUTOPIA university (co-host university) and one with an external academic or non-academic partner institution with the aim of fostering the fellows’ entrepreneurial spirit, tangible research impact and innovation. Furthermore, fellows will access a rich training programme, career guidance and academic supervision.
EUTOPIA-SIF fellows will prove, through their research project, their capacity to address major social challenges in at least one of the five Key Research Areas:
- Materials engineering: including advanced analytical science, photonics, new material science, quantum technology
- Data & Intelligence: including artificial intelligence, complexity, information-systems engineering
- Health: including immunology and antibacterial resistance, cancer, ageing, reproductive health, neurosciences
- Sustainability: including energy, circular economy, mobility, urban planning, material heritage, water management
- Welfare & Inclusion: including business management and finance, governance, ethics, inequality, law and demography
Recognised Researchers (stage 2 in the EURAXESS definition), PhD holder or equivalent, of any nationality, complying with the MSCA-COFUND mobility rule. No seniority condition applies; however, candidates cannot hold a permanent research position.
MSCA COFUND EUTOPIA-SIF is a highly competitive programme offering very attractive conditions to young researchers for research excellence and career development:
- 2-year employment contract as a Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND fellow at one of the EUTOPIA universities, with a monthly average gross salary of 4 349 € and a supplementary budget for research and travel expenses.
- Full academic freedom to pursue your research project in the state-of-the art infrastructures of EUTOPIA research centers and in a stimulating interdisciplinary and international academic community.
- International and intersectoral mobility through secondment periods at the fellow’s EUTOPIA-SIF co-host university and with an external secondment host, which can either be an international academic institution or a non-academic partner. More than 45 companies, local authorities and non-profit organizations actively support the programme, encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Extensive training programme including transferable skills development, such as academic leadership, and active career mentoring by senior academic supervisors.
- Attractive living conditions and high quality of life offered by the local environments of all EUTOPIA universities. Each university will actively support fellows and their families for mobility-related queries.
HOW TO APPLY
It is strongly recommended to contact prospective EUTOPIA research groups engaged in the EUTOPIA-SIF programme, as well as potential academic supervisors, before submitting the application.
For more information, please visit the official website.