Deadline: 2 January 2021
Open to: teenagers between the ages of 14 – 19 years old
Benefits: cash prizes worth 20,000 Rands (around 1000 EUR) and consulting services with African Leadership Consulting Group for one year
The South African Ideas Festival is an entrepreneurial development festival, run by Bezos Scholars from the African Leadership Academy. During this festival, participants are equipped with the design thinking skills to innovate in order to spark change in their community.
This year the South African Ideas Festival will be passion specific. The categories for passion are:
- Technology: Goal 9 (Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure) and Goal 7 (Affordable and Clean Energy);
- Arts and Culture: Goal 11( Sustainable cities and communities) and Goal 16 (Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions);
- Environment and Health: Goal 3 (Good Health and Wellbeing), Goal 15 (Life on Land), Goal 13 (Climate Action);
- Education and Activism: Goal 4 (Quality Education) and Goal 10 (Reduced Inequalities).
SAIF is for African Youth that are Passionate about Entrepreneurship and Leadership that are willing to actualize their ideas to bring meaningful change in their societies. Diverse participants (regions, economic backgrounds, religions, races) with diversified passions who are ready to implement these passions’ profits, are needed.
The applicants need to be:
- Between the ages of 14 – 19 years old.
- Must apply in Teams of consisting of 3 -5 people.
- Their teams must be channeled towards one of our categories.
- Must be in a position to implement the business idea if you bag first place.
- Must be well versed in English Language.
- Cash prizes worth 20,000 Rands.
- Consulting services with African Leadership Consulting Group for one year.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply online on the official website.