Deadline: 4 December 2020
Open to: Current undergraduate or graduate students
Benefits: Financial assistance
As part of Google’s commitment to military veterans, the company partners with SVA each year to fund scholarships. The scholarship provides assistance to student veterans who are pursuing university degrees in the field of computer science in the U.S. Selected students will receive $10,000 for the upcoming school year. Google SVA Scholars will also be invited to the Google Scholars Retreat in the summer of 2021.
Related Technical Fields may include:
- Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (with a heavy computer science course load)
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Applied Networking
- Systems administration
Student veterans must meet the following criteria to apply for the Google SVA Scholarship:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2020-2021 academic year or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student at a university in the United States for the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Maintaining a strong academic performance.
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field*.
- Must be a current student veteran (includes members of the National Guard or Reserve) as proven by a DD- 214 and transcript, or a student on Active Duty as proven by submission of Active Duty orders and a Memorandum of Understanding from your commanding officer indicating that you are currently in good standing with your unit and transcript.
- Has received an honorable discharge or is in good standing with his/her branch of service.
Financial assistance of $10,000 for the upcoming school year.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.