Deadline: 25 November 2020
Open to: Students from sub-Saharan African countries
Benefits: Scholarships are available
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support 126 talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become changemakers in their home countries.
Over six years (2017 – 2022), the Scholars Program will fund:
- 20 scholarships to complete the Sciences Po Bachelor of Arts programme, Africa specialisation
- 46 scholarships to complete a Master’s programme at one of our seven graduate schools
- 60 scholarships reserved for Mastercard Foundation Scholars studying at other partner universities and who would like to attend Sciences Po Summer School.
The scholarships are awarded to students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
Eligible applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- You must have at least a Bachelor’s degree at the start of the following academic year;
- You must not be holding or currently pursuing a Master’s degree;
- You must be under 35;
- Minimum C1 level in English or French depending on the programme you are applying to (see language requirements);
- You must be able to show that you lack financial means to pursue higher education (please note that you will be asked to submit documentation attesting to your financial needs).
The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years for the Bachelor’s degree, two years for the Master’s degree and one month for the Summer School. They cover the full cost of tuition fees at Sciences Po and living costs in France during the study period.
As well as funding their studies, Sciences Po will offer scholars a specific suite of resources to ensure they have appropriate academic support and to facilitate their transition from education to employment:
- An orientation programme and individualised academic advising throughout their studies at Sciences Po
- A mentor programme offered in collaboration with the Africa Division of Sciences Po Alumni
- Career guidance and support: an online job platform dedicated to professional opportunities in Africa (internships and first jobs), access to our business incubator and the network of employers and alumni working in Africa, and specific career workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.