Deadline: 1 February 2021
Open to: African students with a First class honours degree or a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree
Benefits: fully funded
The Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) has been initiated by Wageningen University & Research to give talented and motivated students from Africa the opportunity to study in Wageningen.
With this programme, Wageningen wants to support capacity building in Africa by attracting excellent students for a 2-years master’s programme.
The competition for scholarships is very high and the chance of getting one is low. Only excellent students, who can prove that they are among the best 5% of their study cohort, will be eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme. Considering the number of candidates, only a part of these excellent students will be invited to take part in the scholarship selection procedure(s).
The 80 percent GPA or higher is a standard they uphold. Furthermore, they require, if applicable, a First Class honours BSc graduation or equivalent. Also reference letters and achievement awards can be uploaded during the MSc admission process which may help to prove that you belong to the top 5% of your year. Also, your c.v. and statement of purpose will be assessed/evaluated.
If you do not meet our requirements of an excellent, top 5%, student you will not be eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme.
1. You are a citizen of an African country
2. You are an excellent student with a First class honours degree or a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree
3. You have applied for one of the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research . For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme? (Non EU/EFTA)
– Travel to and from Wageningen
– Living allowance for 2 years
– Tuition fee
– Visa costs and costs for health insurance
– Budget to visit one seminar/conference in Europe
– Participation in the ‘Reach your full potential’ programme
HOW TO APPLY?
For more information please visit the official web page.