Deadline: 15 December 2020
Open to: full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program from Europe, Middle East or Africa
Benefits: travel expenses and costs for living will be covered
Applications are open for the IBM Great Minds Student Internships 2021. The Great Minds initiative is a competition for 3 to 6-month internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The internship provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization. The internships will take place in 2021. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
IBM Research has been conducting the Great Minds internships for more than a decade. This program also benefits Universities when the Great Minds winners bring back a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
- Open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program with a focus on:
- Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Applied Mathematics/Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Chemistry/Computational Chemistry
- Biology/Computational Biology
- Neuromorphic Computing/Networks
- Be at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- IBM is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups.
- They would especially like to encourage qualified women to participate in this competition.
- IBM will pay the winners a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya, or South Africa, respectively.
- IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
How to apply?
Eligible students will be contacted by their faculty member directly. Application documents include a CV (with name, address, phone number, email address, and nationality) and a short video (approx 3 minutes) where you introduce yourself and explain which project you are applying for (you can apply for up to three projects, please use the project number that is visible under “projects”) . Your faculty member will inform you about the application process.
The applicants for the 2021 Great Minds internships will receive feedback on their application by the end of February 2021.
For more information, visit the official website.