Deadline: 31 January 2021
Open to: students having completed BA outside the Netherlands
Benefits: scholarships available
Utrecht University offers a scholarships for the master’s degree programs. 20-25 scholarships will be available for 2021-2022, distributed across the 6 Graduate Schools. The scholarship is awarded for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years, depending on the degree programme.
To be eligible for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, the following criteria must be met:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class:
an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September, 2021. Not all programmes participate, please check www.uu.nl/masters > master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity;
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
- As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means. Read more about the budget the University advises.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.