Deadline: 31 January 2021
Open to: candidates enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment
Benefits: stipend is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days
Applications are open for the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Internship Program 2021. The Internship Program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- Work in a major international development organization;
- Work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- Gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- Contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Internship candidates must:
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations, both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- possess an excellent command of English; and
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
ADB evaluates applications based on:
- eligibility requirements
- relevance of academic study and work experience
- the level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work.
- ADB also considers institutional representation, gender, and nationality balance in the over-all intern selection process.
Stipend is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to 56 calendar days. Interns may choose to work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend. Exception to receiving stipend would be interns who fall under the special arrangement category between select schools and ADB.
How to apply
Candidates apply through ACES, prepare their CVs and answer the essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
For more information, please visit the official webpage