Deadline: 5 February 2021
Open to: all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos, aged 35 or younger
Venue: Lagos, Nigeria
Applications are open for the Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative (CYFI) 2021. The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative, CYFI, is a dynamic youth-based initiative launched in 2011 by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos. CYFI brings together Nigerian youth of exceptional vision, skills and experience to design and implement projects that have a positive impact on Nigerian society.
Former Ambassador to Nigeria, Walter Carrington, was a champion of civil liberties, democracy and closer ties between the U.S. and Nigeria. CYFI fellows are committed to putting the ideals of Walter Carrington into practice. The CYFI Board of Directors, in conjunction with the Public Affairs Section at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos, selects fellows who demonstrate exceptional vision, skills and experience. Fellows are then grouped into teams based on interest, and teams then develop and implement their own youth engagement project over the course of the one-year fellowship duration.
- Open to all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos.
- Applicants must be 35 or younger.
- Passion: You are committed to making a significant contribution to your community and country.
- Skill & Experience: You have a unique set of skills and experiences that you can use to make an impact.
- Strategic Thinking: You are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project. You know how to design a project that is based on sound research, uses resources creatively, builds or improves on existing systems, and leverages partnerships with complimentary organizations.
- Vision: You know the area of social change in which you would like to work, and you can articulate the positive change that you would like to make.
In addition to working with their team to bring their project into fruition, Carrington fellows have the opportunity to attend various networking events, roundtables and forums on relevant social issues, hosted by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos. The year will conclude with an awards ceremony for fellows, where fellows will be inducted into the CYFI Alumni Program.
How to apply
In addition to providing biographical information, applicants will be asked to complete a hypothetical scenario. You may save the application and return to it at a later time. Note however that incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information, please visit the official web page.