Deadline: 23 March 2021
Open to: students and young academics from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine
Benefits: course fee, accommodation and a food allowance
Students and young academics from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia and Ukraine with intermediate German knowledge (at least B1-level) are eligible to apply for the summer school grants for German language in Bavaria. The scholarships for courses in Bavaria include the course fee, accommodation and a food allowance at a Bavarian University; in case of online courses the course fee will be covered.
As an applicant for a summer school scholarship by the Free State of Bavaria you need to
• hold the citizenship of one of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
• be enrolled as a student or employed as an academic at a institute of higher education in one of the ten eligible countries at the time of the scholarship application.
• provide grades of at least two semesters from an institute of higher education.
• be able to prove German language skills of at least B1-level.
• be of legal age at the time of the application.
• Please note: Applicants who have already received funding in this program are excluded from being funded again (this does not apply to scholarship holders from online courses).
The scholarship covers the costs of the course, accommodation and includes an allowance for food. In 2021 the food allowance is expected to be 16€ per day for all summer courses (except for Eichstätt with 10,66€, because breakfast is already included in the accommodation).
In case of online courses BAYHOST will cover the course fee and pay it directly to the course organizer.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.