Deadline: 22 February 2021
Open to: Caribbean nationals, preferably aged between 25 to 45, who are currently employed in the public health, health care, agricultural health or ecosystem
Applications are open for the Climate Change and Health Leaders Fellowship Programme 2021/2022.
The Climate and Health Leaders fellowship training programme will focus on creating a cohort of inter-sectorial, multidisciplinary leaders with the necessary skills to turn plans and policy into action. The goal of the programme will be to develop strong, effective Climate Change leadership among government officials, civil society, communities, and private sector, championing and implementing the One Health Approach. Fellows will be furnished with the knowledge and skills to enable them to support national Caribbean governments in the inclusion of health elements in the national adaptation plans (NAPs) for Climate Change and will be able to lead in the development and implementation of these plans.
The training fellowship will prepare the fellows to be able to return to their country the with skills and knowledge to support the process of implementing the change, empower communities and support youth engagement.
- They seek applications from Caribbean nationals from the 16 countries who are highly motivated and have great leadership potential of becoming a change agent in areas of Climate Change and Health.
- They seek applications from young to mid-career professionals, preferably aged between 25 to 45, who are currently employed in the public health, health care, agricultural health or ecosystem (environmental) health sectors and have experience working in climate science.
- Intention to pursue a career in policy, public service, and/or academia.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, and a master’s degree is preferred.
- Applicants should be highly committed, should demonstrate leadership potential, and an interest in investigating specific issues in relation to Climate Change and Health and developing strategies to address such issues.
- As the fellowship will be conducted in English without translation, applicants must be proficient in English.
- Applicants need to have good internet connectivity, as much of the training will be carried out online.
- On successful completion of the fellowship, fellows will gain a certificate of completion.
- All activities related to the fellowship will be fully compensated.
- Fellows who successfully complete the program will receive an honorarium of US$5000.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.