Deadline: 1 May 2021
Open to: applicants from EU/EEA, Switzerland or Suriname
Scholarship: covering tuition fee, an allowance for study materials and living expenses
Candriam – which stands for “Conviction AND Responsibility In Asset Management” – is a recognized pioneer and leader in Sustainable Investing. A founding member of UN PRI in 2006, Candriam has been advocating for the last 25 years that the integration of sustainability criteria in stock analysis and portfolio construction leads to better risk-adjusted performance over the long term.
In addition to its duties as a responsible asset manager, Candriam wants to play an active role in society, donating up to 10% of its ESG fund range’s net management fees to projects accelerating change through research and education on Sustainable Investing, and reducing social inequalities.
A European-rooted asset manager, Candriam is also a member of the New York Life group and an affiliate of New York Life Investments, which counts amongst the biggest asset managers in the world.
Candriam is offering scholarships to Maastricht University students for a three-year Bachelor programmes of Economics and Business Economics and International Business offered by the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) and a one-year Master’s programme Sustainability Science, Policy and society, International Business- Sustainable Finance, International Business – entrepreneurship & Business Development and Economics and Strategy in Emerging Markets at SBE.
Duration of the scholarship:
36 months for the Bachelor Programmes:
- Economics and Business Economics
- International Business
12 months for the Master’s Programmes:
- Sustainability Science, Policy and society,
- International Business- Sustainable Finance,
- International Business – entrepreneurship & Business Development
- Economics and Strategy in Emerging Markets.
You must have submitted a complete application by 1 May 2021 to:
- a full-time Bachelor programmes of Economics and Business Economics, or
- a full-time Bachelor programmes of International Business, or
- a full-time Master’s programme Sustainability Science, Policy and society, or
- a full-time Master’s programme International Business- Sustainable Finance, or
- a full-time Master’s programme International Business – entrepreneurship & Business Development or
- a full-time Master’s programme Economics and Strategy in Emerging Markets.
at Maastricht University for the 2021-2022 academic year. You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Bachelor or Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You hold nationality in a country in the EU/EEA, Switzerland or Suriname;
- You are a first generation student (We define first generation students as students from non-academic backgrounds. First generation students are the first in their families to follow higher education (university or university of applied sciences); their parents did not follow higher education).
The scholarship covers the tuition fee at cost, an allowance for study materials per year paid at the beginning of (each) academic year and living expenses at €950,00 per month for the duration of the scholarship as stated in the scholarship award letter. The period of the scholarship starts and ends at the dates mentioned in the awarding letter.
How to apply?
Step 1: Apply for admissions to the bachelor or master’s programme at Maastricht University via Studielink. Candidates must have submitted a complete application for the relevant study programmes via Studielink and My UM for September 2021 by 1 May 2021.
Step 2: Application to the scholarship:
- Please fill out the application form, and including the necessary documents.
Upload the following documents in .doc, .docx, or PDF format, and submit your application. Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents are up-to-date.
- Curriculum vitae. Your CV should be up-to-date, contain relevant information about your education and (job) experience, and should not be longer 2 A4 pages.
- Letter of motivation. Your letter of motivation should be up-to-date and specifically tailored to this scholarship programme. Generic letters of admission that do not directly address your motivation for the Candriam scholarship selection will be rejected. Your letter of motivation should be no longer than 1 A4 page. Be sure to argue why this scholarship is important to you, why you as First Generation Student should be selected.
- A letter of reference from an educational institution or an employer in your home country
Please note that you will only be able to submit your application once, so please ensure that all of your documents are up-to-date.
Fore more information please visit the official website.