Deadline: 11 April 2021
Open to: early-career researchers from Germany or any Arab country (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen).
Benefits: unique opportunity to take an active part in the academy and conduct research projects
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA), based at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) in Germany and the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT) in Egypt, is pleased to announce its Call for Membership Applications 2021.
AGYA promotes research cooperation among excellent early-career researchers (3-10 years after PhD) from all disciplines affiliated with a research institution in Germany or any Arab country. The academy supports innovative interdisciplinary projects by its members in various fields of research, science policy, and education. AGYA members from 19 countries so far have realized joint projects and initiatives on topics such as Arab and German Education; Common Heritage and Common Challenges; Energy, Water and Environment; Health and Society; Transformation; and Innovation.
- Early-career researchers from any field of the Natural Sciences, Life Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences, and the Arts are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be affiliated with a university or a research institution in Germany or any Arab country (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen).
- Applicants should be early-career researchers. At the time of application, the candidate’s doctoral degree has preferably been awarded not less than three and no more than ten years ago.
- Applicants must have full command of English, the working language of AGYA. No knowledge of German or Arabic is required for acceptance.
- AGYA offers its members a unique opportunity to take an active part in the academy and conduct research projects beyond disciplinary and geographical borders. The academy supports them in implementing their own ideas, visions, and creative approaches in the framework of Arab-German research cooperation.
- AGYA membership is granted for up to five years, followed by a lifelong membership in an alumni network. AGYA connects its members and alumni and facilitates unique collaboration opportunities with renowned research institutions in Germany and Arab countries, granting them exclusive access to an academic network of excellence.
- AGYA provides the funding and the administrative support to realize innovative research projects within its interdisciplinary working groups and in joint projects between Arab and German members.
- Members meet regularly to discuss, develop, and implement joint research initiatives on leading topics of common concern, with travel expenses for AGYA workshops and conferences covered for all members.
- AGYA offers a range of training opportunities to enhance its members’ academic careers as well as their interdisciplinary and intercultural skills. AGYA actively promotes its members as ambassadors for science and culture.
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official website..