Deadline: 18 April 2021
Open to: master’s degree graduates of all ages and nationalities
Benefits: a grant of € 15.343,28 (gross income) per year
The Graduate School of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore invites pre-applications to its PhD in Economics and Finance. The length of the PhD Program is four years, starting in early November 2021. The precise starting date of the Program will be announced in due course.
There is a two-stage procedure, which takes place via the University website, as detailed below.
Stage 1 (pre-application). Candidates can apply to Stage 1 by uploading the required information and documents, as explained below. Candidates – who are supposed to have a solid background in Economics – will receive a feedback on their academic qualifications and be informed as to whether they are encouraged to pursue with Stage 2. No application fee is due at Stage 1.
The deadline for sending a pre-application is: April, 18, 2021.
Each Candidate will be informed via e-mail by April, 30, 2021.
Stage 2 (application). The official Call for Applications (Bando di Concorso) is expected to be published in the Italian Official Journal (Gazzetta Ufficiale) in the Spring of 2021. It will also be posted on the University and DEFAP websites.
Candidates participating in Stage 2 will be required to pay a €100 fee. Payment will require the use of a credit card. Details about payment methods will be available in the official Call for Applications.
All the documents uploaded at Stage 1 are considered valid for Stage 2.
Master’s degree graduates of all ages and nationalities who hold:
- an Italian degree (Diploma di laurea quadriennale, laurea specialistica, laurea magistrale) or an Italian degree obtained according to the regulations existing before the implementation of the Ministerial Decree of 3 November, 1999, n. 509 and its subsequent amendments and supplements;
- a foreign academic qualification already recognized as equivalent by academic authorities, or recognized in accordance with inter-university agreements of co-operation and mobility;
- a foreign academic qualification that has not yet been recognized as equivalent to an Italian degree, provided that the Candidate includes all the necessary documents to reach a decision regarding equivalence, for the only purpose of admission to the PhD program.
Pre-applications may also be submitted by Candidates of all nationalities who have not graduated yet but expect to receive their degree by October 31.
They offer four fellowships (for a period of four years) to the highest ranked applicants with a grant of € 15.343,28 (gross income) per year. The monthly allowance can be increased up to 50% for their PhD students visiting academic or scientific institutions abroad. The number of scholarships may increase if sponsorships on specific research projects become available. There will also be allowances (research funds) for short-period mobility (from the second year).
How to apply?
The following documents must be submitted along with the complete pre-application form to the PhD Program:
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- a copy of an identification document;
- a passport-size photo;
- a research statement (max. 15.000 characters, spaces included) in which the Candidate outlines her/his research interests and provides any other useful information;
- for graduates, a certificate of an acceptable Italian or foreign degree, plus a transcript including the final overall grade granted and the complete list of courses attended and grades received;
- if qualification is pending, a certificate of enrollment to one of the acceptable Italian degree programs or to a foreign academic program, plus a transcript including courses attended and grades received;
- two confidential letters of recommendation, to be sent directly by the recommenders to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that it is not possible for the Candidate to either send the recommendation letters or upload them on the website.
The following material can strengthen a pre-application but is not mandatory:
- certifications of further qualifications with transcripts of courses attended and grades received;
- publications (of any type) that the Candidate wishes to submit to the Committee;
- GMAT or GRE;
- a certification of English proficiency such as: Anglia Examination England, Bulats, Business English Certificate, Certificate Advance in English, Certificate Proficiency in English, First Certificate in English, IELTS, ISE (I-II-III-IV), PTE Academic, PTE General, Preliminary English Test, TOEFL IBT, TOEIC Listening and Reading, TOEIC Speaking and Writing.
Each applicant is required to clearly mention in her/his CV a Skype contact to allow the Committee to contact her/him for a telephone interview, if deemed necessary.
For more information please visit the official website.