Deadline: 30 April 2021
Open to: scientists with an innovative approach
Benefits: the award with 1.350 EUR
The Danubius Award was created in 2011 by the Austrian Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Research (BMBFW) and the Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM) with the intention to honour individuals with extraordinary achievements in their scientific activity and output in relation to the Danube Region.
This award will be granted to 14 young scientists – one from each country (citizenship is crucial) that is part of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region (Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Romania and Ukraine). The award seeks to highlight the scientific work and talent of young researchers and enhance the visibility of the scientific community in the region: Moreover the award encourages young scientists to engage themselves in the scientific examination of the multifaceted issues and questions specifically related to the Danube Region.
- Scientific excellence and innovative approach of the academic work
- Thematic relevance of the scientific work for issues/problems of the Danube Region
- Relevance of the scientific work beyond the national borders
- Potential of the candidate (for example: integration in international networks, participation in scientific projects, publication history, experience in teaching etc.)
- No formal age limit – but limitation to participants that have received their Master/PhD max. 5 years ago (= after 1st of January 2016)
- Submissions of candidates holding only a bachelor degree will not be accepted
The nomination of the award candidate cannot be made by the candidate himself/herself but he or she has to be nominated by their hosting scientific organization (university, academy of sciences, research organization etc.).
The award will be endowed with 1.350 EUR for each winner of the Danubius Young Scientist Award.
It is expected that the award ceremony will take place in October/November 2021. The details will be announced in due time.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.