Deadline: 19 July 2021
Open to: young female scientists from 21 IsDB Least Developed Member Countries
Benefits: monthly allowance, bench fee costs up to USD2,565, and other benefits
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships must be women only and meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship programme
- Up to 45 years of age at the time of the application
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Must be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided
- Must be employed at an institution in her home country
- Through the Fellowships, the selected scientist will be provided with a monthly allowance on the basis of the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
- The fellowship award will offer an allowance for bench fee costs up to USD2,565 as a contribution towards laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
- The fellowship award will also cover the cost of a round-trip air ticket up to USD1,000. Any other travel needed, including airport transfers and local transportation, will be the awardee’s responsibility.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more details, please visit the official website.