Deadline: 30 June
Open to: Scholars with research interest related to Taiwan
Benefits: Financial assistance
MOFA Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), R.O.C. to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan (such as New Southbound Policy), cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, Sinology and global issues (including but not limited to the post-Covid-19 era and political/economic dynamics, cybersecurity, national defense strategy and gender equality) to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan. 2022 Taiwan Fellowship is open for application from 1 May, 2021 to 30 June, 2021. It is noted only online application is accepted.
The application is open to scholars interested to conduct their research in Taiwan.
The steps of application is as follows:
(1) Prepare the application:
– Research proposal
– Two letters of recommendations or one letter of recommendation and one letter of agreement from the highest administrative director of applicant’s institution
(2) Online Application : Fill in the application and upload the above application documents
The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months and recipients will be provided financial assistance as follows:
(1) Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month.
a. Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000.
b. Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
(2) One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations)
(3) Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.