Deadline: 2 July 2021
Open to: worldwide candidates
Benefits: paid position
Position available at the EMBL Heidelberg as EIPP Programme Administrator. The EIPP Programme Administrator will join the graduate office at EMBL Heidelberg and will share all duties involved in the day-to-day operation of the EMBL International PhD programme (see below). You will act as a first point of reference for PhD students and will constantly communicate with the Dean of Graduate Studies. You will also closely interact with other colleagues in the Internal Training Team, such as the Postdoc Programme Manager and the Career Advisors.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Administrative support of ca. 220 students at steady state; including contract administration, monitoring of academic requirements and help with University registration
- Organisation of two annual recruitment rounds, including handling of incoming applications and inquiries, facilitating the evaluation process, organisation of the on-site interviews
- Organisation of the predoc courses and other training events (e.g. Corporate Winter School, EMBL Lautenschläger Summer School)
- Maintenance and further development of an online platform for PhD recruitment and student management
- Advertisement of the PhD programme and recruitments, including attending career fairs, updating website and brochure content
- Monitoring of the EIPP budget and expenditures
- Preparation of statistics and Graduate Committee meeting minutes
- Fostering communication with internal stakeholders of the EIPP; e.g. student body, EMBL faculty, Human resources, Grants services, Communications, International Relations, Office of Resource Development etc.
- Managing relationships with external stakeholders, g. Partner Universities and other collaborators
- Point of contact for internship inquiries and other matters related to undergraduate students
As their ideal candidate, you will be expected to work with a high degree of autonomy and to pro-actively handle all of your tasks. You will also enjoy contributing to dedicated projects in line with the future strategic development of the PhD programme.
As the successful candidate you are expected to have a higher-level university degree in the area of life sciences, human resources or related fields. You should have also previously demonstrated effective organizational skills and the ability to work in an independent and proactive manner.
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to establish effective channels of communication with a large variety of stakeholders. The ability to pay attention to details and to ensure that matters are dealt with confidentially, efficiently and in a timely manner is also necessary. The position requires the highest degree of service orientation and a demonstrated ability to work in an international team.
Qualifications should include a first-rate command of written and spoken English.
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment. The remuneration package comprises a competitive salary, a comprehensive pension scheme, medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial support for relocation and installation, including your family and the availability of an excellent child care facility on campus.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.