Deadline: 3 July 2021
Open to: entrepreneurs with an impact project on the African continent
Benefits: coaching, networking & the possibility for each participant to be followed by a mentor
The Social & Inclusive Business Camp is an acceleration and capacity building programme dedicated to entrepreneurs with an impact project on the African continent and with a desire to scale up.
It is a hybrid support programme, including:
- 4 months of remote coaching on a dedicated online platform, alternating interactive virtual classes with international experts and learning resources to consult autonomously.
- 1 week of intensive Bootcamp in Marseille, France, in partnership with the EMERGING Valley Summit (event dedicated to emerging innovations between Europe and Africa)
- The possibility for each participant to be followed by a mentor, an experienced alumni of the programme
- Networking, through integration into an active and ambitious international community of 200 entrepreneurs and networking with investors and financial partners during the Bootcamp.
Since its first edition in 2017, the SIBC has supported 200 entrepreneurs with a strong social impact in Africa in their transition to scale-up, in the measurement of their social performance and in their preparation for fundraising.
The programme is organised around 4 key themes
- Leadership, governance and team: defining better your purpose and mission, structuring your governance, and organizing your teams for successful growth
- Scale up : Adapting your business model and building your scale-up strategy to multiply your impact
- ESG & Impact : defining your ESG & Impact policy and measuring your social performance
- Investment Readiness : identifying your financing needs, understanding investor expectations, and preparing to raise funds
To apply, the company must meet all these criteria:
- Be a legally registered company
- Prove a positive impact in Africa: social or environmental impact, activity serving vulnerable populations (women, people with disabilities, refugees…) and/or creating jobs for these populations
- Prove that you have first customers, a turnover and a balanced economic model or a medium-term profitability objective
- Have a desire to grow and present a scale-up strategy that takes into account the maximisation of social or environmental impact
- The candidate representing the company, referred to here as the “applicant” or “the candidate”, must be the founder, co-founder, manager or at least in a position to make strategic decisions for the company.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.