Deadline: 1 December 2021
Open to: graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine
Benefits: scholarship is paid in twelve monthly instalments of 861 EUR
The Free State of Bavaria will sponsor scholarships for the academic year 2022/23. Graduates from Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and Ukraine are eligible to apply. The scholarships are meant to finance postgraduate studies (i.e. master’s programs), PhDs or one-year research sojourns at Bavarian higher education institutions. The one-year scholarship can be generally extended twice for up to 3 years.
The objective of the annual scholarship program is to support scientific cooperation and academic exchange between Bavaria and Central, Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
As an applicant you need to:
• have the citizenship of one of the following countries: Bulgaria, Croatia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Serbia or Ukraine.
• be living full-time in your home country at the time of application.
• be no older than 30 (for master’s degree students) or 35 (for doctoral candidates) in the first year of your scholarship (i.e. on the 01.10.2022). However, justified exceptions are possible, please see the FAQ / question 10.
• be needy, meaning that you are not able to finance your studies at a Bavarian higher education institution yourself, nor through the funds of a third party (for example through a scholarship from another institution).
• provide evidence of your German and / or English language skills according to your intended study program in Bavaria. Your language skills should be at a level that you can master seminars and academic papers in German or English without difficulty (generally C1 level of the CEFR).
• be able to give evidence at the time of application that you have achieved / or will achieve a distinctively above-average university degree.
• be matriculated in a master’s or PhD program at a Bavarian University, University of Applied Sciences or Art Academy of your choice during the period of your granted scholarship. At the time of the scholarship application the enrolment is not yet required.
The scholarship is paid out monthly (861,- €) and amounts to 10.332,- € per year. Students with at least one child receive 1.021,- € per month, which amounts to 12.252,- € per year. Candidates should send their documents to the address specified in the important advice.
How to apply?
Please read the important advice carefully before applying on the official website.
For more information please visit the official website.