Deadline: 3 November 2021
Open to: incorporated legal entities (organisations, companies) with demonstrable expertise in investigative journalism, environmental issues, and/or the development of supporting services.
Benefits: the total available amount per call to be distributed among all supported projects will be around € 85,000
This grant facility supports enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism as a whole. It seeks to promote collective development and support services for environmental investigative journalism, by providing funding to project ideas from organisations and institutions for training and professional development programmes, i.e. skills-focused professional training or fellowship programmes targeted at enabling investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environment related issues.
- This grant programme is open to incorporated legal entities (organisations, companies, …) with demonstrable expertise in investigative journalism, environmental issues, and/or the development of supporting services.
- Eligible proposals entail enabling activities and supporting services for environmental investigative journalism in Europe. These can be training and professional development programmes, or other activities, services or tools that enable investigative journalists to upskill with regards to reporting on environmental issues.
- The project should be clearly defined and limited in time. The grant cannot be used for core funding or for financing permanent operations of an organisation.
- Individuals (natural persons) cannot apply for this grant.
If the project is a collaboration between several organisations, one organisation should apply for the Journalismfund.eu grant.
The total available amount per call to be distributed among all supported projects will be around €85,000.
Eligible costs for funding:
Personnel and operating costs that meet the following cumulative conditions:
- directly attributable to the project
- arise during the project period and after the signing of the grant agreement with Journalismfund.eu
- necessary for carrying out the project
- effectively incurred by the grant beneficiary, identified and verifiable
- not funded by other donors or support programmes
Non-eligible costs for funding:
- personnel and operating costs not directly attributable to the project
- internal rental costs (rental to oneself – as owner – of premises or other infrastructure)
- overhead costs
- meal costs, food and beverages
- tangible investment goods (e.g. IT equipment)
- recoverable VAT
HOW TO APPLY?
Please login or create a new login account to fill the application form here.
For further information, please visit the official website.