Deadline: 30 November 2021
Open to: social scientists, health researchers or humanities scholars who have been awarded a PhD in 2013-2020
Benefits: the grant of US$25,000
Often the most innovative research comes from those just starting their careers. As such, QSR International is thrilled to be supporting the next generation of qualitative research innovation! They recognize that early career researchers often find it difficult to access research grants as they have to compete with established scholars. This is why QSR has established this grant just for those starting out on their research careers.
To be eligible for the grant, you must be a social scientist, health researcher or humanities scholar who has been awarded a PhD in 2013-2020, with an appointment at an institution of higher education and research. More precisely, you must have:
- Been awarded your doctorate in 2013 to 2020.
- An academic appointment at an institution of higher education; if you do not have a permanent contract, your contract should cover the duration of the project (1 May 2022 – 30 April 2024).
- A proposal for a qualitative or mixed method research project.
- The support of your university.
- Eligible research, which is innovative research that involves the collection and analysis of qualitative data. Innovation may be in new forms of data collection through innovative forms of data analysis and output. Your research needs to involve the use of NVivo in at least part of the analysis. Projects can range across the breadth of the social science disciplines, health research, humanities and interdisciplinary research fields.
- The Grant will allow for $25,000 USD in funding to an Early Career Researcher with a project that shows promise and contribution to knowledge. The grant is intended to provide either partial relief from teaching duties and associated academic administration for a term/semester and/or research expenses over a two-year period.
- There may be some applications which are very good but not successful. They will not receive a cash prize but are eligible for goods in kind at our discretion.