Deadline: 17 January 2022
Open to: candidates of all nationalities, with the exception of the United States who hold a PhD at the time of application
Applications are open for the Terra Foundation for American Art Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022/2023. The Institut national d’histoire de l’art has partnered with the Terra Foundation for American Art to offer two one-year postdoctoral residential fellowships at the INHA. In addition, the fellows will receive a travel allowance.
The fellows’ objective will be to produce original research on the art of the United States prior to 1980 in view of publishing an article in the year following the end of the fellowship. The Terra Foundation for American Art supports research that includes all categories of visual arts, except architecture and commercial film or animation. Within the framework of the fellows’ research trip, the INHA will encourage the dissemination of their research in the United States. The research project proposal may expand upon the subject of the fellow’s PhD thesis, in favor of opening up or deepening the research focus.
- Candidates should hold a PhD at the time of application
- Candidates should have successfully defended their thesis (in French or English) in a Francophone university less than 5 years prior to the application deadline
- The thesis subject must focus, in whole or in part, on the history of art of the United States before 1980
- Candidates of all nationalities, with the exception of the United States, are eligible to apply.
- The fellowship may not be combined with other funding and can only be awarded to PhDs without tenured institutional affiliation. The fellowship should not be accepted if recruitment for a lecturer position or public sector appointment is ongoing.
- The fellows will be welcomed at the INHA and have access to the institute’s facilities and library from September 1, 2022 to August 31, 2023
- Health insurance, visa costs, and housing in France are the fellows’ responsibility
- Funding, paid in euros, includes an annual grant worth 26,000 USD and a travel allowance worth 8,500 USD
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.