Deadline: 25 January 2022
Open to: early- or mid-career professionals who are part of the EUI community
Benefits: a basic grant of € 2,500 Euro per month
The Policy Leader Fellowship is a global programme for early and mid-career policy practitioners from around the world to enhance their work and professional skills, whilst participating in workshops, trainings, skills development sessions, conferences and other events. In addition, they get the chance to interact with other fellows, policy-makers and the academic community at the EUI.
The fellowships last for five (fixed term in the first or second semester) or ten months (fixed term from September to the end of June). The candidates can indicate their preference when applying, but once selected for a specific start date and period, no changes or extensions can be granted.
- Early- or mid-career professionals (e.g. in politics, civil service, media and non-governmental organisations), able to demonstrate both professional experience and potential for future excellence in the policy sphere.
- Genuinely engaged individuals involved in policy issues, especially those related to transnational governance.
- Self-motivated, able to present a clear work plan for the fellowship to show what the applicant will achieve and how this work will have a ‘multiplier’ effect after the fellowship.
- Curious and engaged contributors.
- Fellows are part of the EUI community and participate in peer discussions on topics, which may be beyond their expertise.
The basic grant is € 2,500 per month.
Successful applicants who receive other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI. The amount of the Fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum €1,750 per month) depending on the amount of the additional income (upon production of relevant supporting documents).
If applicable, family allowances will be added to the basic grant (see below).
A household allowance of up to € 300 per month is paid to a Fellow with a partner if the partner lives with him /her in Florence and on the condition that the partner’s income is less than € 2,000 per month. The sum of income and allowance cannot exceed € 2,000 per month (i.e. if the income is more than € 1,700, the allowance will be paid only to top up to € 2,000).
An allowance of € 200 per month is paid for each dependent child. Fellows are entitled to these allowances if they can declare that they are not receiving any similar allowance from another source, and upon submission of relevant supporting documents (i.e. marriage or partner certificate, or proof of cohabitation in Florence; birth certificates).
For dependent children in full-time education and over the age of 18, a school or university certificate is required. No allowance is paid for dependent children over the age of 26.
Fellows (but not their families) receive reimbursement for the incoming trip from their place of origin to Florence, and for the outgoing trip to their destination at the end of their fellowship.
- First-class rail (travel by car is also reimbursed on this basis)
- Economy class air fare
The maximum amount for travel reimbursement amounts to €1,200 including both incoming and outgoing trip. Taxi expenses are not reimbursed.
HOW TO APPLY?
To apply, please create an account or login here.
For further information, please visit the official website.