Deadline: 20 April 2022
Open to: female scientists national of a ST-lagging country, candidates from Agricultural Sciences or Biology
Benefits: cash award of USD 4,000
This annual award, named after the TWAS Fellow Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi, recognizes women scientists from Scientifically and Technologically Lagging (STL) countries. It carries a cash award of USD4,000 generously provided by Professor Al-Kharafi and will rotate among various fields of science. In 2022 the award will be given in Agricultural Sciences or Biology.
TWAS is inviting nominations for the 2022 Award from all its members as well as science academies, national research councils, universities and scientific institutions in developing and developed countries.
Self nominations (i.e. applications) WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations and nominations from jury members are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee (i.e. the candidate) to process her personal data for the purposes of her nomination, in conformity to Art. 13 of the Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003. This authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’. The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform;
- Suggested citation (15-20 words highlighting the nominee’s scientific achievements either in Agricultural Sciences or Biology);
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in either Agricultural Sciences or Biology. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation;
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- PhD: information on subject area, year and awarding institution;
- Brief information on membership in academies and societies;
- Brief information on awards and honours received;
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format;
- The nominee’s brief CV and her complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
- The nominee’s h-index in Google Scholar and its associated number of citations.
- Nominations for the 2022 award are invited in Agricultural Sciences or Biology.
- Nominees must be female scientists national of a ST-lagging country and have been living and working there for at least two years immediately prior to their nomination (i.e. from 20/4/2020).
- For a list of the ST-lagging countries, please visit: https://twas.org/node/2329
- Fellows of TWAS are not eligible.
- Self nominations and nominations from jury members will not be considered.
- The same nominee cannot be nominated for more than one ‘Fellows of TWAS Awards’ in a given year. The secretariat retains the right to bring to the attention of the relevant nominators that the nomination may be suitable for another award, and the final decision whether or not to shift the nomination will be taken by the nominators themselves.
A cash award of USD4,000.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please visit the official website.