Deadline: 10 June 2022
Open to: mid-career US immigrant professionals who have demonstrated exceptional achievements early in their careers
Benefits: three Creative Promise Prizes of $50,000
The arts and sciences need diversity to thrive. Diversity sparks dialogue. Diversity propels innovation. Diversity refines ideas. Immigrants from around the world bring the diverse perspectives that are crucial to strengthening America’s cultural and scientific community. The Vilcek Foundation raises awareness of immigrant contributions in the United States and fosters appreciation of the arts and sciences.
- Have been born outside the United States of America to non-American parents.
- Not be more than 38 years old as of December 31, 2022 (born on or after January 1, 1984). Exceptions will be made for applicants who were born on or after January 1, 1982 and experienced career interruptions due to medical, military, parental or caregiving leave.
- Have lived in the United States for at least four years (or immigrated to the United States on or before December 31, 2018).
- Be one of the following: a naturalized citizen or a permanent resident of the United States; a H-1B or O-1 visa holder with a valid visa stamp; a H-4 visa holder with a valid EAD card; a recipient of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) relief; an asylee or an asylum seeker who has applied for asylum and has a valid EAD card.
- Have at least five years of professional experience in music.
- Not be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Have released at least three singles or albums on major or independent labels.
- Have lived in the United States for a total of at least four years.
- Intend to pursue a career in the United States.
- Not be a past recipient of the Vilcek Prizes for Creative Promise in any category.
- Unrestricted cash prize of $50,000 is awarded to each prizewinner
- Reflect on how your experience as an immigrant has shaped your success
- Receive an invaluable endorsement from leaders in your field
- Receive a comprehensive public relations campaign to promote you and your work