Deadline: 10 May 2022
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: full time – term of this contract is 4 years
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Group Corporate Services Directorate – Group Digital Office – Platforms & Services Department at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Head of Platforms & Services Department. This is a full time position at grade 8/9. In this role, you will create and ensure the implementation of the vision for the delivery of IT Infrastructure, Platforms, Service Desk, IT Operations and Application Integration Services to deliver client-oriented solutions as a strategic partner for the EIB Group(*).
In this role you will report directly to the Group Chief Digital Officer.
The Department provides end user services to the EIB Group, including all services related to the digital workplace, and manages a common foundation of IT infrastructure and transversal platforms, connecting data and applications through efficient and innovative integration solutions.
The Platform & Services Department is composed of three Divisions with a total of approximately 27 staff and 211 external consultants and is composed of three Divisions:
- The Infrastructure Services Division manages a common foundation of infrastructure (data centres, networks, virtualisation and operating systems platforms, unified communication solutions and digital workplace solutions (end user devices, email, printing, etc.)) that facilitate optimal, secure and compliant solutions across business areas.
- The Operations & Services Desk Division monitors IT infrastructure, reports and follows-up on incidents and/or problems, preventing or minimising thus any disruptions of business operations. It will facilitate communication and collaboration between all relevant stakeholders, namely users and the Group Digital Office, between developers and infrastructure and between services and processes, enabling the business to operate efficiently.
- The Integration Division ensures fit-for-purpose communication and data exchanges between applications, systems and platforms, based on modern and efficient integration solutions.
- Develop a long-term vision as well as the corresponding strategy for the Platforms & Services Department in the EIB,
- Implement the Group Digital Office strategy for the EIB Group digitalisation and regulatory frameworks related to the areas of IT Infrastructure, Platforms, Service Desk and Operations and Integration services
- Shape and transform the department: establish and maintain the appropriate organisational structure, resourcing and processes to deliver the Group Digital Office strategy
- Ensure that staff within the department have the right competencies, objectives and motivation, in order to implement the formulated Group Digital Office strategy and policies and deliver results
- Assess opportunities and propose initiatives for increasing the Group’s efficiency in own area
- Plan the activities of the year and beyond, establish and manage the resources and means necessary to implement the formulated Group Digital Office strategy and policies in the most effective and efficient way.
- Benchmark, analyse, report on and make recommendations for the improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems
- Ensure that an effective management and delegation framework is implemented in the department
- Provide input and guidance related to the Group IT Infrastructure, Operations & Integration services with the objective to manage costs, enhance security, improve service performance and reliability to customers
- Provide guidance and counsel to business leaders in their definition of requirements for IT Infrastructure, Operations & Integration
- University’s degree preferably in Information Technology, or in Finance or Business Administration with a specialisation in Information Technology,
- At least 10 years of experience in IT functions related to IT Infrastructure,
- At least 5 years in a leadership or managerial role demonstrated not only in the operational field but also in terms of motivating large international teams and complex projects,
- Broad and deep technical and managerial knowledge of state-of-the-art IT infrastructure, including cloud services and integration,
- Proven track record of implemented initiatives linked to digitalisation and the ability to drive organisational change,
- Proven experience managing outsourced services,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology to business leaders, Board members, and others not immersed within the technology world,
- Fluent in English and/or French (*) and preferably a solid understanding of the other EU languages.
Find out more about EIB core and managerial competencies here.
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they rapidly build up knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age,racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team Jobs@eib.org who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
(*) The EIB Group consists of the EIB and the European Investment Fund (EIF).
For more information please visit the official website.