Deadline: 20 May 2022
Open to: minimum of 5 years professional experience in the field of environment and/or EU affairs and master degree holders
Benefits: full-time permanent job
ASD – AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe is currently looking for a proactive and experienced Environment Manager to join its international and dynamic team in Brussels. The role of the Environment Manager is to steer ASD’s work in the field of EU and international environment legislation and initiatives, including assessing the impact on the sector. Knowledge of key environmental issues and understanding the functioning of EU institutions will be highly valued.
The AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD) represents the European aeronautics, space, defence and security industries in all matters of common interest with the objective to promote and support the competitive development of the sector. Its membership comprises major European aerospace and defence companies as well as national associations.
With regards to environmental affairs, ASD strives to ensure sustainability of the aerospace and defence sector by reducing its environmental footprint.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of the ASD Civil Aviation Director, the Environment Manager shall:
- Provide organisational support to the ASD Environment Commission and its working bodies such as the ASD REACH and Chemicals Management Working Group
- Monitor, assess and provide analysis to ASD members on relevant political and legislative developments related to environment and climate change, including EU Green Deal & Fit for 55, REACH and other chemical related legislation, emissions, circular economy, and sustainable aviation fuels (SAFs)
- Coordinate ASD members activities in the global aerospace manufacturer association (ICCAIA) and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) environment-related working groups
- Establish and maintain good contact with key stakeholders in the European institutions and global stakeholders
- Ensure synergies and cooperation with other Working Groups inside ASD
- Master’s degree with relevant experience in the field of environment
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in the field of environment and/or EU affairs
- Understanding of REACH and/or the civil aviation sector is an asset
- Knowledge of EU decision-making and legislative processes is an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under high pressure
- Political sensitivity and awareness
- Good team player and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English
- Computer literate (very good Microsoft Office skills)
A full-time permanent job to start as soon as possible in a challenging and international environment as well as an attractive employment contract, including a competitive salary and additional benefits (lunch vouchers, group insurance, contribution to pension scheme, contribution to public transport costs).
ASD is an equal opportunities employer and supports workforce diversity.
How to apply?
All applicants should send their CV and cover letter in English to applications(@)asd-europe.org, with the reference “Environment Manager”.
The closing date for applications is 20 May 2022. ASD anticipates a high number of applications, therefore only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information please visit the official website.