Deadline: 21 September 2022
Open to: international and domestic candidates
Benefits: $70,000 per year (taxable) / 2 years program
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
Areas of research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Confirm that you and your proposed host institution meet the criteria below before you apply for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Applications that do not meet all of the eligibility criteria will be deemed ineligible.
This fellowship is not intended for students (including Health Professionals) to complete a degree.
For a list of eligible health professions, please see CIHR’s webpage.
More details for the eligibility available here.
70 fellowships are awarded annually approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
Value & duration
- $70,000 per year (taxable)
- 2 years (non-renewable)
How to apply?
For more information please visit the official website.