Deadline: 10 July 2022
Open to: international applicants
Benefits: full time position in Brussels
The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) is one of the most prominent civil society organisations active in health policy at European level. EPF is the umbrella organisation of patient organisations across the EU and a driving force to advance patient empowerment and involvement in EU health policy debates. EPF’s vision is to ensure equitable access to high-level, patient-centred care for all patients in Europe.
EPF engages in policy advocacy and campaigning and participates in EU-funded projects. They organise educational and policy events, and capacity-building initiatives. EPF was founded in 2003 and is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation with a secretariat based
in Brussels. EPF currently represents over 77 members, which are national coalitions of patient organisations and disease-specific patient organisations working at European level. They reflect the collective voice of the estimated 150 million patients living with various chronic diseases throughout Europe.
• Relevant experience in communication and information management;
• Fluent spoken and written English, with another EU language;
• Excellent writing and proof-reading skills and feel comfortable translating technical concepts into lay person’s terms;
• Creative, attentive to detail, quality drive, have a sense of initiative and flourish in a very dynamic environment;
• You have basic knowledge of the functioning of EU institutions and interest in issues surrounding healthcare and patients;
• Planning and organisation skills, ability to work autonomously withing a small team and to operate at a fast pace;
• Proven commitment to high professional ethical standards and diversity and learning in the workplace;
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in MS Office and Adobe Suites hold no secrets for you;
Personal qualities and attributes
• Demonstrable commitment to the vision and the mission of the European Patients’ Forum;
• You are passionate about communication, master the latest tools and are curious about new developments that could support your work
• You uphold EPF’s mission and values and are proud to share them
• Solution-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude and a collaborative approach to the team and our constituency;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative team spirit
• You know how to work independently and as well as part of a team.
A full-time position with an open-ended contract (CDI); in a mission driven organisation working to amplify the voice and enhance the perspective of patients in Europe
• A friendly, dynamic, and multi-cultural team and international working environment
• A competitive compensation package including the according to the candidate’s experience, including the following benefits:
• Lunch vouchers (8 euros/day)
• Annual bonus
• Health care (hospitalisation and ambulatory care and pension insurance).
• Working from home allowance
• Work from Home Abroad policy
• Additional holiday
• Transportation offered in line with our internal policy
How to apply?
If you are interested in this position, please submit an application via email, including a cover letter, CV in English and 2 references, to: email@example.com
(Subject line: “Application for the position of Communications Officer– (Your Full name)”).
For more information please visit the official website.