Deadline: 1 October 2022
Open to: citizens of the EU 27 Member States
Benefits: monetary awards
The European Environment Agency
(EEA) invites you to capture the benefits of nature to your health and well-being. Immerse yourself in nature, take a photo of the moment, and share it with them. Every year, the EEA organises a photo competition to raise awareness of an environmental theme and invites Europeans to share their takes on it. This year’s competition, Well with Nature, is a call for all of us to appreciate the healing, soothing and restorative effects of nature.
Show your creativity as a photographer in one of the 4 competition categories:
- The best photographs in each category will be selected by a pre-selection committee consisting of communication and environment experts appointed by the EEA.
- Finalist photos will then be submitted to an external jury composed of environmental communication experts from across Europe. The jury will determine the winners of all prizes except for the Public Choice Award.
- For the Public Choice Award, the finalist entries put forward by the pre-selection committee will be open to a public vote from 24 October to 7 November 2022.
- The winners of all prizes will be announced on 11 November 2022.
- The competition is open to the citizens of the EU 27 Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland and Türkiye; under the stabilisation and association agreements: North Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo*, Montenegro, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The photos must be taken in the countries mentioned above.
- All participants must be 18 or older.
- You must have full copyrights to the submitted material.
- You may submit maximum 5 entries in the competition. Each entry will be handled separately so you need to fill out a new submission form for each entry.
- By submitting an entry, you will be presumed to have agreed to accept the Competition rules and the Terms and Conditions.
- 4 X 1000 EUR – Best photo in each category
- 500 EUR – Public Choice award
- 500 EUR – Youth Prize 18 – 24 yo
How to apply?
Take or create an original photo in electronic format (e.g.: .jpeg, .png, .tiff) with minimum resolution of 2000 pixels – preferably more than 4960 pixels – on the long side of the photo.
Support your photo with a title and an optional short description (maximum 1000 characters in English).
Submit your entry by 1 October 2022 23.59 (CEST).
In order to apply and find more information please visit the official website.