Deadline: 26 August 2022
Open to: international candidates who have knowledge and experience in the field of Rule of Law in the Western Balkan
Benefits: remuneration will depend on the candidate experience and qualifications.
Chemonics International is seeking Short-Term Technical Expert, Independent Consultants for the Western Balkans Rule of Law Initiative (WBROLI). The WBROLI is a three-year rule of law programme operating across Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. The programme is implemented by Chemonics International. The project has two workstreams: criminal justice, and transparency and accountability.
Please note they anticipate these engagements to be remote in one of the below locations:
- Pristina, Kosovo;
- Podgorica, Montenegro
- Skopje, North Macedonia
- Tirana, Albania
- Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Belgrade, Serbia.
WBROLI is seeking multiple motivated professionals for a number of short-term positions from August 2022 to October 2024 to provide technical support to several project activities. The experts will work with the project team, contracted implementors, and direct beneficiaries. A more detailed scope of work will be presented to the experts during the engagement process.
- Monitoring and evaluation – support with primary and secondary data collection
- Rule of Law practitioners – conducting legal framework analyses, conducting training needs analysis in the field, writing relevant curricula
- Reform of criminal justice chain institutions, including analysis of current operations
- Information management and analysis
- Development of needs assessments analysis
- Development of specialized papers and studies on relevant aspects related to the Rule of Law
- Design and delivery of training and mentorship programmes in the field of interest
The selected candidates will not perform all the tasks listed above but only those that match their competencies and experience.
- University degree in criminal law, criminology, and/or related social science, international relations, political science, law, public administration, or a related field with adequate focus on Rule of Law issues is required.
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in Rule of Law at national and international levels is required
- Knowledge and experience in services in the country/Western Balkans.
- Deep understanding of the Western Balkans countries’ context (Rule of Law, country(s) political environment)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the local language and in the English language.
- Ability to work with and communicate with a wide variety of people.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter clearly indicating the Short-Term Technical Expert position(s) of interest to [email protected] Closing date for applications is August 26, 2022.
Successful candidates will be contacted and contracted on a project-needs basis.
For more information please visit the official website.