Deadline: 21 October 2022
Open to: applicants from Africa
Benefits: fully funded
The AfOx Visiting Fellowship is designed to provide exceptional African researchers an opportunity to build international networks and focus on a project of their choice, away from teaching and administrative duties at their home institutions.
The AfOx Fellowship provides fellows with an opportunity to work on a project of their choice in collaboration with Oxford-based scholars, while benefit from the resources available at Oxford University for research, writing, and strengthening research leadership skills.
The Fellowship is open to researchers across all academic fields. Fellows will be affiliated with the University of Oxford for 12 months, including 10 months of virtual engagement and a 2 month in-person visit to Oxford during Trinity Term.
- Open to researchers across all academic fields.
- You are eligible to apply if you are a national of any African country or have indefinite leave to remain in any African country. You must also have a position in an African university/research institution domiciled in an African country and are a legal resident in the host country of your institution.
- Visiting Fellows must be of postdoctoral or equivalent status at the time of application. Applicants must be holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution at the time of application.
- You cannot apply for a Fellowship if you have an existing affiliation at the University of Oxford.
- The application should be completed by the prospective visiting fellow. Applications will not be considered until a statement from the Oxford academic host/collaborator has been received.
- During the 10 months of virtual engagement fellows will have remote access to resources available at Oxford University including library access and support to strengthening research leadership skills.
- During the in-person fellowship selected Fellows will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom. A temporary University card for access to the University and college buildings and temporary membership to the host college’s Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency.
- The fellowship will also include return economy flight ticket, airport transfer, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses during the residence (up to £250 per week according to University guidelines).
How to apply?
To apply for a fellowship all applicants must have an Oxford based researcher named as their collaborator on their application.
AfOx Fellows will be asked to select which of the AfOx research themes, Healthy People, Innovation for Prosperity, Integrated Societies and Green Futures, their project most closely aligns with.
For more information, please visit the official website.