Deadline: 1 June 2023
Open to: all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
Benefits: fully funded
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
PhD training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD or SMU.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Pursue your PhD education in Singapore with SINGA and take your research to greater heights.
SINGA supports PhD studies in Biomedical Sciences, Computing and Information Sciences, Engineering and Technology, and Physical Sciences.
More information on:
A*STAR Supervisors and Projects
SMU School of Computing and Information Systems (SCIS)
SUTD Pillars/Clusters and Research Centres
Please note that you will be required to indicate your choices of supervisor in the application form.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results Note: SINGA is intended primarily for international students studying for the first time in Singapore. Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents and International students studying/who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200 which will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
How to apply?
For more information, please visit the official website.