30 MA and PhD Chinese Government Scholarships

Chinese Government Scholarship-University Postgraduate Study Program (CGS-UPSP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in developing international high level universities and promote Chinese higher education brand. Entrusted by MOE, Zhejiang University recruits CGS-UPSP-supported international graduate students supported by CGS-UPSP across the world.

Deadline: 15/03/2010
Open to: International students
Fund: Tuition, living expenses, medical expenses…

I. Basic Information and Duration of the Scholarships

1. Number of scholarship students to be admitted: 30
2. Coverage of the scholarship:
– Tuition and fees for registration, laboratory experiments, internship, basic learning materials, and intramural accommodation;
– Living allowance: CNY 2,000 per month for doctoral students; CNY 1,700 per month for master’s degree students;
– Fees for outpatient medical services and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China;
– A one-off settlement subsidy for new students after registration: CNY 1,500 per person.
Note: For more detailed information, please visit the website of China Scholarship Council

3. Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship

Categories of Applicants Duration of the Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years
Doctor’s Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
Note: In principle, courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.

II. When and how to apply

Applicants can directly submit or send the application materials to the International College, Zhejiang University.
Application deadline: March 15th, 2010.

III. Eligibility Requirements

1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals and in good health.
2. Applicants are not currently studying in Chinese universities.
3. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
– Applicants for Doctoral studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
5. Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.

IV. Choices of Specialties

Zhejiang University offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more specific information, please check the List of Fields of Doctoral Studies and Master’s Degree Studies of Zhejiang University (web site).
Applicants are encouraged to contact their prospective supervisors prior to application and are expected to enclose in their application package the relevant recommendation letters written by those supervisors.

V. Application Materials

Applicants must provide the following materials (in duplicate):

1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, filled in Chinese or in English.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy). If applicants are university students or already employed, they must also provide documents showing their status as university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
3. Applicants for doctoral studies need to provide notarized copies of their undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Applicants for master’s degree studies need to provide notarized copies of their undergraduate transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
4. Photocopy of the applicant’s passport and two recent photos (white background, 35mm × 45mm in size)
5. A study or research proposal in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words)
6. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (in Chinese or English)
7. Published academic papers or other academic achievements (if applicable)
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority. Applicants are expected to keep the original copies) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration as they plan to take the medical examination.

Applicants must submit or send the above materials to the International College of Zhejiang University before March 15th, 2010. Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of application.

Contact Information

International College of Zhejiang University:
Tel: +86 571 87953101
Fax: +86 571 87951755
Email: [email protected]

Office of Degree Student Affairs, International College
Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University

Postal Address:
P.O. Box W-99, International College, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University,
Hangzhou 310027, Zhejiang Province, China

For more INFO visit China Sholarship Council website

6 thoughts on “30 MA and PhD Chinese Government Scholarships

  1. hi

    my name is iyad dawood from palestine

    i interest about water treatment

    i look to PhD in Water Resources Management (Operational water management )

    i have master degree in chemistry from an-najah un. nablus- palestine

    • M. Sc. Thesis: Efficiency of removal of cadmium from aqueous solutions by plant leaves and the effects of interaction of combinations of leaves on their removal efficiency. (Journal of Environmental Management: Volume 87, Issue 3, May 2008, Pages 521-532

    please how can i apply to a PhD program, can you help me

    kind thanks for reply

  2. I am Tahir from Pakistan and i did BBA&IT (Hons)Bachelor of Business Administration and Information Technology Hons from Kohat University of Science & Technology Pakistan.

    please tell me that I can apply for master program or not. I means in Management Science department.

    Please guide me on this matter.

  3. HI





  4. Dear sir i m student of Ph.D (ENTOMOLOGY) and my course work is complete at final

    stage.i m

    doing research in Biological control of Sugarcane.sir i m willing to

    do P.hd in ENTOMOLOGY)Agriculture from china

    on scholarship.financilly i m not

    strong to do P.hd on my own pocket money.so i

    m waiting of ur scolarship.plz

    take a positive response.

    but i need scholarship.

    your good response is



    I need one chance in my life to profe

    i cn do. If you will

    give me

    one chance then i will be some thing in life.i request to u plz send letter of acceptance at my email Thanks

Leave a Reply