The Technical University of Kosice (TUKE) is the second largest university of technology in Slovakia. It was established in 1952, with the aims to satisfy the needs of Eastern Slovakia in education and research. Today the TUKE has nine faculties and around 16,000 students. TUKE closely co-operates with other universities and with industrial organizations throughout the region.
* Mining, Ecology, Process Control and Geotechnology
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electrical Engineering and Informatics
* Civil Engineering
* Manufacturing Technologies
How to apply
TUS is a public university, providing a full range of technological and economic education at both under-graduate and post-graduate levels for national and international students. Following the principles of Bologna Declaration, it provides higher education for international students in the English language in the following study programmes at three levels:
– Bachelor’s study programme which takes three years at least and four years at most (in the case of architecture, fine art and design).
– Master‘s study programme which takes two years, so that the total standard duration of study according to the bachelor study programme and the subsequent master level study programme in the same or related field of study is altogether a minimum of five years. The basic condition for admission to the second level study is graduation from bachelor study.
– PhD study programme. The standard length in full-time form is three years at least and four years at most, duration in part-time form. The basic condition for the admission to the PhD study programme is graduation from second level university study.
The teaching process includes various forms of instruction such as lectures, seminars, exercises, laboratory work, projects, practical training, consultations, etc. University offers a wide scale of services to our students, ranging from catering and accommodation at halls of residence to cultural events and sports activities. Application forms and study programmes, Study Programmes Provided in the English (pdf)
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is intended to support mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers and researchers to stay at Slovak universities. More info: National Scholarship Programme, Slovak Academic Information Agency
Central European Exchange Program for University Studies. CEEPUS website.
Visegrad Scholarship Program
Visegrad Fund offers Master’s and Post-Master’s scholarships for 1 or 2 semesters. Visegrad Fund website.
Technická univerzita v Košiciach
042 00 Košice