Slovak University of Technology in Bratislava (STU) is the most significant university of technology in Slovakia. Since its foundation in 1937 more than 115.000 students have graduated. In average, about 19.000 students study at the STU every year. All seven STU faculties provide a study within the system of a bachelor, master and PhD study.
* Civil Engineering
* Mechanical Engineering
* Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
* Chemical and Food Technology
* Materials Science and Technology (in Trnava)
* Informatics and Information Technologies
Faculties realise credit system compatible with the European credit transfer system enabling mutual mobility of students within European Union member countries and a larger European space.List of international partner institution.
ERASMUS international students
Deadlines for applications
– for winter semester is May 31
– for summer semester is October 31
1. First of all check if your university is Erasmus partner of the STU if you did not find your home university among our Erasmus partners, your university can contact the STU Erasmus institutional coordinator or the STU Erasmus faculties coordinators and conclude Erasmus Bilateral agreement.
2. Select study programs and fields of study you wish to study at the STU Consult selected study programs and fields of study with information on web pages of the faculty of your choice. STU provides education in the Slovak language. Some courses are provided in the English, German or French. In case you do not find on web pages of the faculty of your choice study courses taught in those foreign languages, fill in study course and subjects you would study at your home university. Respective faculty will provide you a teacher – study tutor.
International Student Network Slovakia
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is intended to support mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers and researchers to stay at Slovak universities, research institutions and non-governmental organizations conducting research on the basis of an invitation.
Types of scholarships
a) Scholarships for foreign university students (enrolled at least in the 6th semester) to take part in Master study over a period of 1 to 2 semesters (from 5 to 10 months) at Slovak universities.
b) Scholarships for foreign PhD students to take a part of PhD study over a period of 1 to 12 months at Slovak universities or research institutes.
c) Scholarships for foreign university teachers and researchers over a period of 1 to 12 months to carry out teaching or research at Slovak universities.
Central European Exchange Program for University Studies. CEEPUS website.
Visegrad Scholarship Program
Visegrad Fund offers Master’s and Post-Master’s scholarships for 1 or 2 semesters. Visegrad Fund website.
Slovak university of technology in Bratislava
812 43 Bratislava 1