Open to: applicants who completed a research master or an equivalent degree
The Graduate School of Arts and Social Sciences of Maastricht University opens five fully funded PhD positions in the field of arts and social sciences. PhD candidates will receive a coherent programme of introductory courses and intensive supervision, complemented by additional courses organized by a national graduate school.
The programme is characterized by its interdisciplinary approach and its international character, focused on three topics:
1. European Administrative Governance;
2. Science, Technology and Society, including Globalization and Development;
3. Cultural Memory and Diversity (see below)
PhD candidates are offered a 3 or 4 year contract, a competitive salary and a bench fee to cover research-related costs. The condition of a 4 year contract is to undertake a limited amount of teaching duties.
Applicants should have:
– completed a research master (MPhil) or an equivalent degree
– relevant educational background and skills required by a researcher in the specific field they have chosen
There are two ways to apply for our Graduate School:
1. Applicants can send their research proposal a CV directly to a proposed supervisor or to the programme officer at: [email protected]
(The ideas should be in line with the research themes, which are mentioned above)
2. Applicants express their interest in one of the research suggestions mentioned above (detailed information) by submitting a CV to the programme officer at: [email protected]
The deadline is 5 March 2010.
Final applications consisting of application form, research proposal, CV, list of marks of both bachelor and master studies and two recent essays have to be submitted not later than 7 May 2010.
PhD candidates are offered a 3 or 4 year contract with a competitive salary and a bench fee to cover research-related costs.