Call for: project proposals from civil society
The United Nations Global Initiative to Fight Human Trafficking (UN.GIFT) was conceived to promote the global fight on human trafficking, on the basis of international agreements reached at the UN.
UN.GIFT website invites non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations working on counter-trafficking issues to submit their project proposals. Activities eligible for funding include direct victim support, empowerment of vulnerable groups and communities and cooperation between NGOs from countries of origin and destination.
1. To foster awareness, global commitment and action to counter human trafficking in partnership with different stakeholders including governments, the international community, non-governmental organizations and other elements of civil society and media
2. To create and strengthen support structures for victims of trafficking
Project activities eligible for funding include:
1. Direct victim support
2. Empowerment of vulnerable groups and communities
3. Cooperation between non-governmental organizations from countries of origin and destination
4. Collection of evidence-based knowledge
Minimum amount: USD 30,000
Maximum amount: USD 50,000
To apply for the grant use the Online Application form.
NB. Once you have completed the on-line form and attached the full project proposal click the “Submit Form” button. Note that once you have submitted the form, you will not be able to make any further changes.
The deadline for submission is 5th April 2010.
For more specific information check the Guideline.
With any further questions contact: [email protected]