Open to: female, Non-EU/EEA, all fields of study
Requirements for application
– must be female
– must be an excellent student
– must be prepared to contact Mrs. De Winter to inform her about their study progress
– must have completed the online application through the graduate website
– must be admitted and nominated by the faculty involved
– must be a future leader (of industry)
– must be strongly committed to social society
This scholarship for the academic year 2010/2011 is provided by Mrs. De Winter, the widow of Prof. ir. Herman de Winter. Professor De Winter was one of the founders of the research and education department of the former Technical College Twente. In 1969 he became the first career counselor of Technical Physics. Before that, he had already been appointed as professor in Technical Physics at the department of Electrical Engineering.
Professor De Winter was always engaged with Technical Physics. Together with his wife, he was always interested in how ‘his’ students were doing. Professor De Winter died 7 October 2005. Mrs. De Winter is still very engaged with the University of Twente and expresses this by donating an annual €10.000 of which €7.500 is meant for awarding a scholarship.
After being admitted to the University, the faculty may decide to nominate you for the scholarship. In that case the faculty will contact you to confirm your interest in the scholarship.
For questions please send an email to scholarship[at]so.utwente.nl.