Open to: students with a high-school degree
Fund: full and partial
Istituto Europeo di Design – IED international network: IED Rome, IED Milan, IED Turin, IED Cagliari, IED Barcelona, IED Madrid offers 34 scholarships for attendance of three-year courses for the academic year 2010-2011.
Scholarships are to be distributed among the four IED schools:
* Visual Arts
The programme is open to:
* International students, i.e. students not residing in Italy or Spain (Italian and Spanish students residing abroad are considered international and allowed to participate);
* only for beginners, students willing to be admitted at the first year of our three year courses;
* students with a high-school degree or who shall achieve that degree in the current school year;
* students with University Bachelor can be admitted only in case their previous Bachelor has nothing to do with the first year course they want to attend.
9 full scholarships covering total tuition fee of the first school year (adding up from 6200 to 7000 euros).
25 partial scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fee in the first school year (adding up from 3100 to 3500 euros).
The selection theme is “My CULT”: IED calls young creatives to develop ideas and projects describing ‘your cult’: everything that became an idol, a dream, an icon in your imagination. A person, an object, a location, a historical period: all these things can represent your cult or can be described as such in your project; you can be inspired by an already existing element, or create a completely new one, and identify it with ‘your cult’.
Applicants must develop the theme relating to the three-year course area they wish to apply for the scholarship; the choice of the element to design or describe depends on the course you chose.
For more specific info about courses in each IED school click here.
All interested applicants need to fill the online application form plus submit by email following documents:
– project title
– targeted course title
– description of the project (30 lines maximum will be used for website)
– at least 4 pictures, photos, video frames or drawings which display your idea in JPG, JPEG format, 1000 pixels minimum width, height of images on as your project require ( 72dpi in file size up to 1Mb)
*optional audio or video file 60 seconds max length
The documents should be submitted by 12th April 2010 to: [email protected]