Open to: applicants from Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Spain.
The Romani Women’s Empowerment Grants initiative aims to promote gender equality both by empowering Romani women to take part in the processes affecting their lives and by ensuring that the concerns of Romani women are addressed appropriately. It seeks to give voice to Romani women’s concerns, stimulate civic engagement, and to build local leadership skills in an inclusive and equitable way.
The Romani Women’s Empowerment Grants initiative is open to applications from Roma non-governmental organizations, especially Romani women’s organizations, in countries participating in the Decade of Roma Inclusion 2005–2015: Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Spain.
Roma Initiatives encourages applications for support for activities that:
* Increase Romani women’s participation in public life at the national and international levels;
* Promote the active citizenship of Romani women;
* Facilitate the labor market inclusion of Romani women;
* Address the issue of early marriages;
* Support leadership and community action by Romani women and girls;
* Support measures to combat human trafficking;
* Support activities related to Romani women refugees and internally displaced persons;
* Support research projects about Romani women that include Romani women in conducting the research and publishing the results.
Roma Initiatives will provide up to 10,000 USD per project.
For specific information about projects and initiatives check the guideline.