5th – 24th July 2010, Srebrenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Summer Research University Srebrenica-Potocari, established through the Srebrenica-Potocari Memorial Center, is a three-week program to conduct research projects on topics related to Genocide, Transitional Justice, Post-Conflict Studies and Human Rights.
The program integrates field research with an opportunity to participate in the annual Peace March from Nezuk to Potocari and to attend the Commemoration Ceremony in Potocari. Following this, researchers remain in Srebrenica to conduct their projects and will be provided with working space and various resources in the facilities in Potocari.
During this time, there will be guest lecturers, discussion opportunities, and visits to locations relevant for research. Finally, researchers will present their progress at the end of the program.
* The Summer University accepts 5 researchers selected on the basis of academic excellence;
* The program is open to MA students, PhD candidates, or researchersaffiliated with an academic institution;
* Fluency in English is required;
* Applicants of every citizenship and nationality are welcome.
Full room and board, as well as transportation within BiH will be provided at no cost to participants.
Participants must cover their own travel expenses to Sarajevo.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
1. The application form
2. Research proposal (including motivation)
3. Curriculum Vitae
4. Official Copies of University Degrees/Diplomas
5. Official Copies of University Transcripts
6. Proof of enrollment in MA, PhD program or research affiliation
7. Evidence of fluency in English for non-native speakers (completion of a degree program where the language of instruction was in English, TOEFL Test, Cambridge Exam or certification of an official institution stating the level of English)
8. Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional reference)
9. Copy of passport (page containing photo and personal data)
NB. All documents not originally in English must be translated by the University or by an official translation service and certified.
The electronic application form need to be submitted by email to: [email protected]
The signed hard copy of application form together with all the other documets should be mailed to Memorial center Potocari address:
Summer Research University Srebrenica-Potocari
Memorial Center Srebrenica-Potocari
75 430 Srebrenica Bosnia and Herzegovina
The deadline for submission is 14th May 2010.
More detialed info