Open to: NGO’s
Costs: travel- and accommodation expenses are covered.
The World Youth Conference 2010 Committee welcomes you to the selection process for NGO representatives who will participate in the NGO Global Meeting. This meeting will be held from August 23rd to 25th, 2010. They are looking for an equitable participation of the NGOs of Member States of the United Nations in a number of people that can make it possible for a discussion and an establishment of agreements. Two NGOs will be selected for each country with one representative of the NGO.
One of the components of the World Youth Conference 2010 is the Social Forum, which has been created as place for the free expression for the youth and it includes the NGO Global Meeting, and a Global Village. The Global Village is intended to be a space to share better practices, concerns, diagnosis and technical and scientific reflections through round tables, workshops, conferences and an informative fair. This is also a space for different expressions of art, culture, technology and entertainment of the youth.
The aim of the NGO Global Meeting is to identify action priorities about youth to be attended in the international agenda of development further than the Millennium Development Goals. This meeting will host more than 420 participants that will generate a recommendation document which will be delivered to the Governments Forum at the beginning of their work on Wednesday, August 25th so that it can be considered in their deliberations. Likewise, the recommendation document will be delivered to the Parliamentarians Forum with the aim of including in their deliberations the demands and necessities identified during the NGO Global Meeting.
- Participants must be nominated by a Youth Organization that fulfills the following criteria:
- To respect the cultural, religious and ideological diversity of the human kind, including the human rights and to show the will of contributing to the accomplishments of the Millennium Development Goals and the World Programme of Action for Youth.
- To have efficient and effective programs that are focused in youth and development that have an impact at a local, national and/or international level.
- You must be between 18 and 35 years before April 9th, 2010.
The Organizing Committee of the conference will cover the travel and accommodation expenses of the delegates.
Before filling the application form, please consider the following:
- You will be asked for a letter in letterhead paper where any executive or representative of your organization nominates you for the NGO Global Meeting. This letter must be ready at the moment you fill your application form.
- You can download the form for the letter right here: Download MS Word letter
- Those who fill the application form by internet must attach their Nomination letter in the same application form.
- Note that you cannot send the application until you have every gap filled and attached the Nomination Letter.
- If you do not have any access to internet, you can send your registration form and your nomination letter by fax to the following number: (52+55) 15001300 ext 1518 (the cost of the call must be paid by the participant)
- Consider that if you were chose as a delegate, you must buy an international travel insurance.
The deadline to apply for this opportunity is 30 April 2010.
Click here for the official website.