Open to: candidates with university degree (min B.A. or B.Sc.) from Least Developed Countries, post conflict/post disaster and/or in transition countries
Fund: up to US $15,000
The UNESCO Fellowships Programme provides opportunities for innovative training and high-level studies through the granting of short-term postgraduate fellowships for the benefit of UNESCO’s Member States and Associate Members.
Field of study
Education, Natural sciences, Social and Human Sciences, Culture, Communication and information
* university degree, i.e. at least a B.A. or B.Sc.;
* be not more than 45 years of age.;
* candidates from LDCs (Least Developed Countries), SIDS (Small Island Developing States) as well as from PCPDs countries (post conflict/post disaster) and/or in transition countries.
Graduate and Postgraduate candidates for study abroad wishing to:
* Pursue training;
* Undertake advanced research;
* Upgrade skills;
* Attend specialized or refresher courses.
Priority attention to women candidates.
Minimum: 1 (one) month;
Maximum: 6 (six) months.
All interested applicants must prepare application (3 sets) consisting of:
1. application form
2. comprehensive research/study programme;
3. Certified copies of the candidates’ university diploma (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree) translated into French or English, including the complete transcript of grades obtained;
4. A copy of the letter of admission issued by the proposed host institution, ensuring that the programme supervisor’s contact information are indicated in the letter;
5. A realistic budget estimate covering international travel expenses, tuition fees, book and subsistence allowances;
6. A certificate of language proficiency of the country of study (if different from the candidate’s mother tongue) duly completed by an official authority, i.e. the British Council, Alliance Française, or a qualified teacher.
For more specific information click here.
NB. The National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country submits the application(s), clearly indicating the order of priority. Applications from individuals will not be accepted. Therefore all interested applicants should contact The National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country.
The complete applications need to be submitted by 30th April 2010 to:
Participation Programme and Fellowships Section
7, place de Fontenoy
75352 Paris 07 SP – France
Fax: 33-1 4568.5503
Email: [email protected]