25 July – 4 August 2010, Budapest, Hungary
The European Roma Rights Centre (ERRC) invites applications for its highly acclaimed annual Roma Rights Summer School. The 10-day Summer School is intended for young Romani activists, students, and Roma/Human rights activists from all European countries. The Summer School will offer both an introduction to human rights as well as an excellent forum for the exchange of ideas, innovation and expertise for participants who are at an early stage of their careers.
The Summer School provides participants a unique chance to immerse themselves into the theory and practice of human rights, minority rights and non-discrimination as well as variety of social activities that allow participants to network with each other and the experts.
* Romani individuals who are interested in human rights;
* sufficient command of English to enable participants to participate actively in the Summer School;
* preferably students of law, public administration and social sciences, or degree-holders in one of these fields;
* activists who do not hold a formal degree but have several years of relevant work experience are encouraged to apply.
ERRC offers full scholarships for the Roma Rights Summer School.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
1. a completed application form;
2. a curriculum vitae/resume (max 2 pages);
3. one letter of recommendation from a teacher, professor or supervisor.
All materials must be submitted in one package by 23th May 2010 to Dora Eke at: [email protected]
or send by mail to:
Roma Rights Summer School 2010
Naphegy ter 8,